Medicare’s Annual Election Period runs from October 15th through December 7th each year. During this annual enrollment period, Medicare individuals can reevaluate their coverage plans – whether it’s a drug plan, Medicare Advantage plan or Original Medicare and make changes or enroll in a new policy, starting January 1, 2022.
During the Medicare open enrollment period, you can:
- Switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage (as long as you’re enrolled in both Medicare Part A and Part B, and you live in the Medicare Advantage plan’s service area).
- Switch from Medicare Advantage to Original Medicare (plus a Medicare Part D plan, and possibly a Medigap plan).
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another.
- Switch from one Medicare Part D prescription drug plan to another.
- Enroll in a Medicare Part D plan if you didn’t enroll when you were first eligible for Medicare. If you haven’t maintained other creditable coverage, a late-enrollment penalty may apply.
For guidance this upcoming Medicare Open Enrollment, contact our Agency and speak with a licensed Insurance Agent.
[email protected] or call 714-541-8338
Newsletter provided by:
OC Benefit Advisors